Nile felucca , typical Egyptian sailing boat, enjoy sleeping under the stars, with the feeling of the waves of the river Nile while sailing by felucca passing by the temples, small island while Egyptian farmers performing their jobs, The felucca depends on wind-power with no motor. It carries between one to 10 passengers comfortably. It contains shady to protect you from the rays of the sun. The serene life on board allows you to be refreshed from life stress & routine.
Felucca sailing between Aswan ,
Kom Ombo and or Edfu , you may stay from one up to four nights or more whilst a Nile cruise trip takes three nights and up, where you will explore the city sights of Aswan the majestic Philae temple , unfinished Obelisk of Queen Hatshipsute and the High Dam including those of the Nubian heritage with optional tour to St. Simon with Camel ride in Aswan, with shore excursions to discover the famous temple shared between the two gods Sobek and Harories at Kom Ombo , and or the wonderful temple at Edfu
· All the meals are served & cooked on board by the felucca staff
· Water & soft drinks can be bought on board & are kept icy cold.
· There are no toilets on board, you can use the toilets at the sites you visit, or look for some where onshore at night, the point that makes it a real adventure.
· The Felucca staff will play music and dance to entertain you.
· Stops en route for sightseeing and visits to the ancient Egyptian monuments.
What to bring:
· Sleeping bag
· Sun tan Lotion
· Bug Spray
· Personal towels
· Beach attire
· Cotton T-Shirts
· Toilet paper/ sanitary products for your journey
· Warm clothes as it gets slightly cold in the evening and in the early hours of the morning
· Plenty of film for your camera.
· Snacks for yourself throughout on board
· If you have a weak stomach bring some medications for Diarrhea and Vomiting with you What’s felucca?
A felucca is a sea-craft, made to a traditional design, with broad canvas sails. Essentially, the craft is reliant on wind-power with no motor, and are dependent upon the wind factor to propel forth, so itineraries are subject to change from time to time. The craft carries between 5-10 passengers comfortably and the deck is strewn with soft colorful cushions and rugs and equipped with a canopy that offers shade and protection from the elements. Your felucca will cruise from picturesque Aswan through to Kom Ombo, taking in some stops at points of interest en-route with various stops, planned or impromptu, the peaceful routine of life aboard allows us to escape the stress of everyday life! We dock at shoreline for dinner and later sleep under the stars
All meals are included in the cruise and cooked on board by the crew. Accommodation is on the cushioned boat deck itself. There are no ablution facilities aboard, however the captain makes regular stops en-route, for both sightseeing, ablutions and indeed swimming in safer areas of the Nile River, where the water is fast flowing and the swimmer is at minimum risk of contracting bilharzias.
Traveling down the Nile by felucca is a ‘must-do’ in Egypt. The sun setting across the Nile in the evening aboard a graceful felucca can’t be beaten!
Please be an environmentally friendly. While on the Nile please place all toilet paper and sanitary items in the bags provides and we will dispose of them.